NEW stove - Scan 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
Bought a Scan 60 from Preston Trading Post. Will bring it home in a couple of weeks. I would appreciate any advice on installation and operation.

Hate to retire the good old Jotul Combifire #1 but it's way pass its prime.

Congratulations, nice choice of stoves.

Can you post a photo of the new Scan.
I didnt know they were in the North American market, but they are a subsiduary of Jotul so it figures.
From what I know they are very well designed stoves with strict quality control.
Is the one you purchased made in the US or Denmark?

Easy stove to operate. These units run the best on about 3 sticks at a time, maybe 4. Make sure you seat the unique double baffle correctly in the pins, and if it is already installed, make sure it is all seated correctly. These will not give you big 8hr burns (you may well have a few coals to restart, however) but perform very efficiently.

AngusMac said:
Can you post a photo of the new Scan.
I didnt know they were in the North American market, but they are a subsiduary of Jotul so it figures.
From what I know they are very well designed stoves with strict quality control.
Is the one you purchased made in the US or Denmark?

According to Scan's brochure, all of their factories are in Denmark.

Fantastic stove. It should make you very happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.