new stove smell coming from glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drach

Dec 2, 2011
South Central WI
Have a new Enerzone 1.6 stove this season running on a 6" double walled pipe into a stainless steel liner in a external masonry chimney. Been burning a couple of months with it, and loving it so far. We had a few colder days a couple of weeks back and loaded the stove as full as I could, about half way through the burn noticed a smell similar to seasoning of paint when stove was new. Checked stove top temp was sitting at 550 degrees, not out of line with what I have been burning it at previously. Then noticed hot coals had fallen forward onto the glass. Could this be causing the smell, is it something to be concerned about when coals fall into the glass.

Thanks,
Drach

Since this was your first time really loading the stove up, I'm thinking some parts of the stove that hadn't gotten hot enough before to bake the paint in, finally got hot enough. It may happen intermittently if you hit new high temps.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.