New Stove to be installed next week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyGator

Feb 20, 2009
NorthFlorida
My new Morso 7110 is set to be installed next week. Installing in front of existing fireplace using insulated pipe (21'). Hearth extension of 3/8" tempered glass to bring to code. Installer is NFI certified.

Question: Anything I need to be aware of or to watch out for during installation? Problem areas or common issues?

Thanks.

Be sure that the chimney is thoroughly cleaned before installing the liner. Will there be a damper block-off plate installed?

With a good installer, problems should not be common. If the installer has good current references, then you should be ok. Many problems we hear about are simply sloppy workmanship, corner cutting shortcuts, and sometimes laziness. But understand that when working on a bid basis he's trying to make a living. If unforeseen issues show up, cut him enough slack to do the job well.

The chimney is clean (professional cleaning last year when I started working on this project). Old chimney so there is no damper, installer will put a block off plate on top of the chimney with chimney pipe and LP furnace pipe exiting the top. Very good references for the installer (works for the company I bought the stove from).

With a top plate, do you think there is any need for a block off plate in the throat area?

Status
Not open for further replies.