New Stove W/ Pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captkirk5858

Nov 2, 2009
Northern Vermont
So here she is. First Flames in the new stove. took a little over a week to get her fired up!

Built the Hearth pad. Thats what took the longest. (JOB Gets in the way)

Now the house is Super warm and cozy.

Wife has a Huge WARM smile on her......

Cant wait for the cold nights to hit now.

(before anyone says anything, i am aware of the curtain..lol.)

Attachments

• PB200014.jpg
    PB200014.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 580
  • PB200016.jpg
    PB200016.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 564
Nice looking install, Samm. Enjoy the heat!

And yes, do something about the curtain! LOL

Great install!!!!

I dont know if you will fit those super large pellets from you avatar into your new toy :cheese:

samm6 you sig looks much better and welcome to the pellet pigs club. You earned it. :) Stay warm and I am sure you will with both those stoves burning!

If you ditch the curtain, Please for you neighbors sake put up a shade or something. Might get them all in a tizzy seeing you running around in your undies! ;-P hehe!

Very nice install and great stove!

Really nice stove set up. Do you have it plugged into a surg protector? You wouldn't want to loose a circuit board due to a spike in the power. High potential of that when you loose your power and then it comes back on.
I don't have curtains on my windows where my stove is. I also don't have nearby neighbors. cloest one is 300 feet away and on the side of my home that has no windows. Very wooded here so seeing undies not a issue. And at my age, well, like I said, not an issue.
How large is your home, and are you able to keep it heated with the two stoves?

Thanks Jay and everyone else for your comments.

House stayed nice and toasty all night. (18 degrees out) matter of fact kids were complaining that their rooms were to HOT last night up stairs..lol

I do have a Surge protector in-line. i would hate to think what a board will cost for this Beast..

Fortunatly the stove isn't as far back in the corner as it appears in the pic. i needed room for ME back there, and she is a solid 375lbs (empty) and cant be moved easily for cleaning. there is 16 inches to that curtain, but it's still getting moved.

My neighbor burns Wood so i hope he can see how warm we are in the dead of winter as he is out there in 3 feet of snowing hauling more heat...lol..

one thing i need is more draft or draw. (you know what i mean) i am direct right now through the wall. and since its my weather side i am going to put in a clean out T and go up the outside a few feet to help her breather better. OAK installed. so another trip to lowes and probably a few more bags of pellets while there..lol..

Be safe Be Warm !!!!!!!

Shortstuff said:
Very nice install and great stove!

Semper Fi Marine !!! :coolsmirk:

Real nice...

nice looking stove, should keep you nice and toasty!

Very Nice Install!!! What's a Harman of that model run these days?

Stay Warm,

AR

One thing stood out in your picture, I noticed your handle for the door is bent to the left, mine is straight. I assume they made a change, weird!

weve had our XXV for 3 weeks now and is also a corner instal, Harman manual said 6.25 inches from the corner of the stove to the wall.

Attachments

• XXV.jpg
    XXV.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.