New stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Needshave

May 15, 2010
Western Massachusetts
I have not been to this site in awhile. I finally got my wood stove in its new home in my basement. We have decided to call it Smog. It is a Woodstock Ideal Steel. I thought this group would enjoy some pictures of it. I have not finished the install yet. I was just downstairs checking on my draft with the dryer running. Not good as it was sucking air into the house down the chimney. I cracked the hatchway door to the basement and the draft corrected. I need to bring in more air so I can run both appliances. For now I may just crack a window. photo (5).JPG photo (4).JPG

;lolI can see why you'd want to call it "SMOG"... it must get pretty smokey in there without any stove pipe or flue.:):p

THAT IS a sweet looking stove ya got.:cool:

Sounds like an outside air connection is in order.

Disconnect the dryer vent, put a lint filter in it and vent it inside. That's what I do in the winter. Helps humidity the air, helps heat the house, and won't suck air out of the house. (If it's electric anyway, don't do that if it's gas, carbon monoxide poisoning is bad) also makes the down stairs smell like fresh linens.

Status
Not open for further replies.