New stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4dimad

Jul 4, 2008
MA
Hello,
I have a question. I just bought new Harman P38 Plus from one of the MA dealers. When I loaded the stove to my car I noticed that it was used – there was some ash inside of the stove. The dealer said that they check every stove they receive from Harman to make sure they are in functional condition and he guaranteed that the stove wasn't used / returned. Did you hear anything like that? I just wnat to make sure I got what I paid for - a new unit.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 297
that stove wasnt used, looks like a typical test burn based on the very light amount of ash and the color on the walls , i think your dealer did what he said , and burned the stove prior to your recieving it. had it been used for any length of time at all it would have looked much different to me , trust me , i test burn stoves on a daily basis , probably wasnt more than an hours run on that unit if that. they ran it long enough to make sure it did what it was supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.