New stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wellbuilt home

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2008
NY
I have my new stove in the truck, Im having a beer and then we are dragging it in t he house 750 lbs I will let you no how it gos .

What type of stove is it and how are you planning on getting it in the house? You might want to save the beer until after you're done!

750 lbs you need a keg party!

My wife & I unloaded our Equniox two weeks ago.
Watch out for loose legs. One leg fell off in transit.
Just a heads up

If you can, remove the door and firebricks. This will reduce the weight by about 1/3.

Well we have the equniox in place .We moved it to the back pourch with a skide steer fork lift . Then we use a hand truck to move it 10' on the deck and 16' on the stone floor ,Then we droped it in place . We straped the old stove to the palet and out it went back to the truck hook up the trailer load the skidsteer and now im off to a freinds house to drop off my old stove . I had a small break in fire last night the stove burns real nice The stone was still warm this morning .

Well we have the equniox in place .We moved it to the back porch with a skid steer fork lift . Then we use a hand truck to move it 10' on the deck and 16' on the stone floor ,Then we drop-ed it in place . We strap ed the old stove to the palate and out it went back to the truck hook up the trailer load the skid-steer and now im off to a friend house to drop off my old stove . I had a small break in fire last night the stove burns real nice The stone was still warm this morning .

carboncreator said:
how is your back fealing ? The hard part is done now enjoy.

sounds like the skid steer did most of the work!! i don't think it felt to much LOL

you the man - skid steer or not there is nothing easy about dealing with that stove :coolsmile:

O yea The EQ is unreasonably heavy . I did not have any one that could even help me lift it . I had to lift both sides . I moved my VC DW into a friends house and the DW is around 650 lbs ,iit not so bad .Next time i build a house i will have a loading dock in the garage. So where is the snow Im ready.

Enjoy the stove and the beer. Celebrate the wins like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.