New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2010
NE Ohio
I have to brag a little, just brought our new stove home. We have narrowed the stoves down to the cast iron quadrafires or jotuls in brown enamel. I have been looking for a used stove on craigslist and came upon a new unfired F600 Firelight in Majolica Brown for $1800. There are a few imperfections/scuffs in the enamel but nothing noticeable. The dealer closed his business and is clearing out remaining inventory. Now I need to finish the room that it is going into, build a hearth and install a chimney.

Score! Congratulations.

JDC said:
I have to brag a little, just brought our new stove home. We have narrowed the stoves down to the cast iron quadrafires or jotuls in brown enamel. I have been looking for a used stove on craigslist and came upon a new unfired F600 Firelight in Majolica Brown for $1800. There are a few imperfections/scuffs in the enamel but nothing noticeable. The dealer closed his business and is clearing out remaining inventory. Now I need to finish the room that it is going into, build a hearth and install a chimney.

Nice deal! I hope you have your wood supply already sorted out!

JDC said:

Hey JDC, is this from Capell's in Eylria? That is where I got my Quadrafire from.

Thge way I understood it, was that he was selling the bussiness. If in fact he couldnt sell, that it would stay open till about Mid-Season. To try and dump there inventory. If this is the Stove Shop i question. I am going to have to get my butt down there.

Another Forum member Eaponcat is looking at stoves from there and said they are not cutting any "Huge" breaks.... Sounds like you got a winner with that Jotul...

Congrats... You just found they dead of the day.

DexterDay said:
JDC said:

Hey JDC, is this from Capell's in Eylria? That is where I got my Quadrafire from.

Thge way I understood it, was that he was selling the bussiness. If in fact he couldnt sell, that it would stay open till about Mid-Season. To try and dump there inventory. If this is the Stove Shop i question. I am going to have to get my butt down there.

Another Forum member Eaponcat is looking at stoves from there and said they are not cutting any "Huge" breaks.... Sounds like you got a winner with that Jotul...

Congrats... You just found they dead of the day.

No this is a guy south of columbus. If anyone is interested he has a PE T5 and a Jotul F500 in white still left. They were both around $1600. He also had some buck, and assorted other steel stoves.

BrowningBAR said:
JDC said:

Nice deal! I hope you have your wood supply already sorted out!

We installed a Yukon Super Jack last year, I wanted a little bit of a smalller stove but did not want to cut differently for both the stove and furnace. I also love watching a fire but needed to heat our kids rooms and the furnace was the best option at the time. The wood pile I will be working off of for this winter will have been split for a year and a half and have 7 cords that are not far behind.

Congrats! That sounds like a great deal! I would imagine a price of close to $3000.00 for a porcelain F600.. How about some pics so we know this actually happened?

:)

Ray

Good deal!!!

Picture added. Do I have the proper clearance to my trailer or the garage door behind the stove?

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 255
Beautiful stove! You stole that stove!

Ray

If I had had the needed height in the fireplace opening behind my stove, one of these would be sitting in my house right now. That is a beautiful piece of plunder you have there and the price was right.

Milt said:
If I had had the needed height in the fireplace opening behind my stove, one of these would be sitting in my house right now. That is a beautiful piece of plunder you have there and the price was right.

It is definately a tall stove, I liked the looks of the 500 that was sitting right next to it but the wife didnt like the ivory enamel.

Status
Not open for further replies.