New stoves can dragon too :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone1099

Jan 5, 2009
Northwest GA
I recently helped a friend install a used englander 30 in his home. Ive told him for a few years now how much i enjoyed heating with wood and he has plenty of family with wood burning stoves and plenty of experience cutting firewod for them and likes cutting wood almost as much as i do. So finally after much pestering his wife he found a used stove $300 i was pissed at him for that. He had been giving me a hard time lately about how his secondaries are awesome and all that. on my way home from work tonight I passed his house and noticed his 30 just pumping smoke out the stack. Wish i could have taken a picture . I know hes been in bed for a few hours and it isnt just a reload. Just wanted to call out that the new ones do it too. Maybe more than my big fish under the right conditions. So HA HA HA Sucker.

The stove is only part of the equation. I have seen new stoves choked down, smoldering on half-seasoned wood too. The stove and flue are only part of the equation to clean burning. The rest is up to the fool feeding the fuel.

Don't forget a choked up chimney that hasn't been cleaned in 2 or 3 seasons after burning with all that 3 week old wood.

newish stove new pipe all this season just fresh wood and "Fool operator"
just gives me some ammo for him

Drive a Prius aggressively enough and it's going to get poor gas mileage. Not a reflection on the car, just the nut behind the wheel.

Bone1099 said:

Hmmm...May want to edit that line! You never know who will be joining the forum next! After all, he started burning wood like you, so maybe he'll join the forum like you????

Bone1099 said:
Ya gotta be smarter than the wood you are putting in the stove to get a good clean burn EPA stove or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.