New Summers Heat 55-SHP10 up and running!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bret4

Jan 7, 2008
Connecticut
Got my new pellet stove from lowes running today. Of course this is my first day running this stove but already I really like it. It's so much easier to use than the small wood stove I got at lowes last year. That wood stove was the smallest one they sell. Good for 1000sf.

The 55-SHP10 pellet stove is running at the lowest setting and the temp in the basement is now 70. It is 71 in the living room upstairs and the heat is off upstairs. It is now 38F outside. Not that cold but the heat has gone up in the basement from 69 an hour ago to 70 as the outside temp has gone down 3 degrees. Not bad on the lowest setting.

I started the stove up today at 11:00am. I ran it for the 3 hour break in to burn off the paint smell. During that time I had the basement door open. The stove was set at the middle heat setting. (5) It was in the mid 40's today and the temp in the basement started out at 55F. At the end of the 3 hour break in the temp in the basement was 65F with the door open. Thats some nice heat with the door open. The basement is about 800sf and the upstairs is about 875sf. Time will tell how it heats the 1675sf but I think it will do a lot better than my wood stove.

At any rate I'm having fun with this little pellet stove. The dog thinks it's too hot. May have to give him a haircut so he can take the heat! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.