New Super Splitter!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flash49 said:
UPS man just delivered my new Fiskars Super Spiltter....Wow! Very nice and worth every bit of the $43.99!

Funny I just got mine from the UPS man today as well. I had a blast messing around in the backyard this afternoon, very light but goes through splits like nothing!

flash49 said:
UPS man just delivered my new Fiskars Super Spiltter....Wow! Very nice and worth every bit of the $43.99!

I hear they are very good but I love my lil electric one ... Have fun!!

Ray

I've split about a cord with one since I got mine in Sep. It really is a beast ;)

enjoy...

I ordered mine last week from Dennis and Kathy's. should be here any day now. I can't wait!

bigtall said:
I ordered mine last week from Dennis and Kathy's. should be here any day now. I can't wait!

They're probable wondering where the run on super splitters came from.....I ordered one from them last week too....LOL

After getting my gas powered Super Split, I retired my Super Spliter... I just throw it around every so often for ha ha's.

It surprised me to find the handle is hollow.

First thing I thought was, it'll turn brittle in cold weather, but with a life time warrenty I'm sure they got that point worked out.

That won't do.......the dog will get jealous

Hello everyone, Great Site i have learned a lot so far, I recently bought the Fiskars Super Splitter and was amazed on how hard I can swing it, all the practice with the 8 lb maul paid off, It works like it says and the sharpener is handy to have, thanks for all the good advice

I have to say I'm a little disappointed after the first night with my super splitter.

I got a box of beer put the splitter against a log while I sat and drank beer.

Let me just say that the super splitter has the same problem my old maul had, it won't work if there's a unfinished box of beer hanging out in the shed. %-P

Uh oh, I might have similar issues. Isn't there a warning label on it?

That's odd. All I do is lean my Super Splitter against a pile of rounds, then go back over to the woodshed and drink beer for a while...then when I return to the pile, all the rounds are split and stacked. :roll: Rick

fossil said:
That's odd. All I do is lean my Super Splitter against a pile of rounds, then go back over to the woodshed and drink beer for a while...then when I return to the pile, all the rounds are split and stacked. :roll: Rick

Maybe my next trip out west I could help?

Wet1 said:
After getting my gas powered Super Split, I retired my Super Spliter... I just throw it around every so often for ha ha's.

the little Hatchet is very handy to have at the splitter for those stringy ones

fossil said:

I'll have what he's havin'

mv squared baby, mv squared.

I'm a convert as per my avatar.

Gator eye said:
It surprised me to find the handle is hollow.

First thing I thought was, it'll turn brittle in cold weather, but with a life time warrenty I'm sure they got that point worked out.

I actually broke the handle on one and it was about 95 degrees out at the time.

Turns out, I'm the one that gets brittle in the cold.

think i'm gonna have to get me one of these and see what all the fuss is about

I ordered mine from Denny and Kathy's via Amazon.com on November 24. Estimated delivery date was December 1st. On December 2nd I get the UPS email that it was picked up with a scheduled delivery date of December 7. I want it now!!!

Tracking Detail Help

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/07/2009.

Tracking Information
Tracking Number: 1Z7V0A740343520174 Status: In Transit - On Time
Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the Scheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.

In Transit - On Time Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/07/2009 Shipped To: CARROLLTON, GA, US Shipped/Billed On: 12/02/2009 Type: Package Service: GROUND Weight: 7.30 Lbs

Model 7854? 26" handle? How much does it weigh? I am a small overweight woman, is this a good tool for me or should I just use wedges and sledge hammer which I used today and it worked but some skittering of the wedge on Maple.
Who sells these Fiskars Super splitters? KaTHY AND ? WHERE ARE THEY AND how to get in touch IF you guys think it is the right tool to split some wood for me.

Go to Amazon and look for Fiskars Super Splitter. It is a 4 and a half pound wood splitting tool designed to use in place of a maul. I bought mine via Amazon from Dennis and Kathys, but there are 4 or 5 other places that have them available for delivery. I am buying mine based on all the great things that I have heard about them on here. ( and I am tired of bouncing my maul off of a wet ash round.)

Sandie, I would suggest you may want to look at the Pro splitting Axe instead of the super. 1/2 the weight but still does very well. I just think it may suit a female better.

Status
Not open for further replies.