New Super Splitter!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro splitter vs Super Splitter, are they same except for the weight? same blade and contour ??
I was going to go out and buy two wedges and one sledge hammer and be done with it but this sounds better although the long handle seems harder. A friend show me how to do it with wedges and hammer, you think the Pro is easier than that? Fiskars are they carried in stores like Home Depot or Lowes?

’berta Burner said:
I just think it may suit a female better.
I think they were all made with female users in mind.

mwaaa haaa haa haaa.

The superspliter sounds like it has a wider and little longer wedge to it and is 4 pounds and Pro is 2 pounds but do you really think 4 pounds is too much to have a woman(old and overweight) do? I am worried about missing and getting my leg but 2 or 4 pounds either can do real damage. Sounds like it is easier than a sledge hammer and wedges.

Sandi, I would get the pro. I believe it's a bit more available too. The pro they even sell at Sears hardware. It seems it's near impossible to find the Super anywhere other than online.

thanks and will go to Sears and see what they have. I was told the supersplitter was like putting a knife through soft butter and the Pro is like knife though frozen butter. NO? need the easiest there is, even if I have to get on net. REally I need to find dry seasoned wood already split but beyond on doing that then will split wood that a friend has that is seasoned but not split,. alot of it is too long at 18" and I need 16".

I recieve the Super for my birthday....it's awesome. I had a chance to split some rounds on Saturday morning and it did really really well. This is a bit different from a regular maul, so you have to adjust a bit.

1) The handle is shorter. My solution...move closer to the chopping block. I really didn't notice the shortness all that much. Although, I wasn't winding up at full steam either. However, I think moving closer will help.

2) It's sharp....like a good set of kittchen knives sharp. This is something you won't want to be swinging around in the dirt, looking for rocks just under the surface. But the sharpness comes in really handy for smaller pieces. I was able to hold the axe close to head and split some smaller rounds into nice kindling pieces in short order.

3) It doesn't look like a maul. The head has an interesting design. I can see how that, along with the coating will keep it from getting stuck in larger rounds.

All in all, it's a great unit. I can't wait to split more with it. It's too bad daylight is in short supply, but that's the price we pay for nice cold weather and snow. I don't think you can go wrong with it either. For about $50 delivered, it's a great tool. I mean, it's not like you're buying a $1,200 log splitter based off 3 reviews you read online.

Status
Not open for further replies.