new to burning. I have ussc 6033 and questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bramer89

Dec 23, 2009
north central indiana
Ok im a serious newbie here with not the first bit of experience before. I got it all hooked up and all that stuff. i Bought the unit used and ive had it running for about 3 hours now and the door glass has just turned black. I have the damper almost all the way closed because if i go any higher it just burns the pellets way to quick. Seems to be a nice flame and what not but im not sure whats going on. Also ive tried to move the cleaning brush on the tope and it seems as if its stuck and wont move. I turned the stove to high for a bit to see if it wouldnt burn the soot off and free it up but nothing has worked. I guess i need to know what i should do. If anyone would help me i would really appreciate it and hope to talk with you guys over the forums.
Also to add it has been on for 3 hours or so and has raised to temp. in my 1200 sq foot home 13 degrees through-out. i Just turned the stove off because as i said it is completely black and i think i would prefer to pay another night of $15 in propane to heat my hosue rather than burn it down or ruin something haha. Also anohter question. I hooked the cold air return up to the back and also ran it outside but i dont think it is pulling air in from the outside but instead is pulling air from in my home. As i said im new to this and gonna need ALOT of pointer :) But i do like to learna nd listen so have at it and ill appreciate it!

First of all, welcome to the forum. As for the stove, a little more info will help us:

Do you have the owners manual?

Did you take the stove completely apart and clean every possible nook & cranny you could? I'm guessing you didn't, or else that cleaning rod wouldn't be stuck in one position.

Did you remove both blowers and clean them?

What type of exhaust pipe set-up do you have?

What fuel are you burning?

As for the black glass, did you clean the air wash bracket, and make sure there's about a 1/16" gap below the glass?

Hey inferno thank you for the reply. The unit is a freestanding american harvest 6033 made by the USSC Company. I do have the manual and read it. The guy i purchased it off of hadnt used it this year and had just cleaned it. I myself did alittle extra cleaning of it but didnt get into anything with bolts and clean it.
Im using a double wall 3inch pipe ran out the wall of the house with 3 feet of pipe and a tee at the end. I saw somewhere lastnight that there should be a 4 foot stack on the top but i do not have that because it didnt say anything in the manual about it. Also i haven't really been able to find much info on the stove on the internet for some reason? But again i appreciate it and one more quick thing, i am burning wood pellets in the stove right now

Status
Not open for further replies.