New to coyotes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted earlier about the critter that I now believe to be an orphaned coyote that was wandering my neighborhood last summer. We had a ton of rabbits last spring and no daffodils or tulips. This year we have beautiful tulips and daffodils blooming, they all popped after the eight inches of rain followed by two days of 70 degrees. Given the choice, I guess I'd go with the circle of life, and let the coyote do it's thing. If I had feral cats around, I would buy some coyotes and transplant them.

Tony H said:
We have coyote in the woods behind the house , there are about 30 acres of wooded land along the river (wish it was all mine) so we always hear howling at night and the population of small game drops and rebounds as they come and go. I see them along the edge of the woods early in the morning most of the time. I do like to keep the chipmunks in line but I wish they would get a lot more squirrels.

YOU are supposed to eat the squirrels.
Really,,, They are easy to skin and clean and taste great.

Screw the coyotes! My Husky got first dibs on rabbits, squirrels, & chipmunks. Hope no one has to remove a half eaten rabbit from their yard. :ahhh:

ROYJ24 said:
Screw the coyotes! My Husky got first dibs on rabbits, squirrels, & chipmunks. Hope no one has to remove a half eaten rabbit from their yard. :ahhh:

Get the rabbits before the husky does.
They taste great too.

Rustaholic said:
Tony H said:
We have coyote in the woods behind the house , there are about 30 acres of wooded land along the river (wish it was all mine) so we always hear howling at night and the population of small game drops and rebounds as they come and go. I see them along the edge of the woods early in the morning most of the time. I do like to keep the chipmunks in line but I wish they would get a lot more squirrels.

YOU are supposed to eat the squirrels.
Really,,, They are easy to skin and clean and taste great.

I have eaten them but I prefer fish, Ham, turkey, and beef . I once made squirrel stew for easter but it was not too popular with the family!

Tony H said:
. I once made squirrel stew for easter but it was not too popular with the family!

They probably would have preferred rabbit stew.

Status
Not open for further replies.