New to forum and need some direction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supertech1979

Nov 7, 2015
Kentucky
Hello Everyone,

I am new to owning a home with a wood burning furnace and fireplace. I have a clayton furnace that is tied into the house. It has a thermostat, blower, and a fan. Seems to be a good stove and a good setup but I need to figure some things out before winter hits here in Kentucky. The thermostat doesn't seem to be controlling the fan or blower. They may or may not be related problems.

Am I in the correct forum or do I need to move over to another board?

Thanks in advance

Nathan

In general you need to give more information to receive proper feedback, and pictures!

Somethings to consider.
Did you trace the wires from the thermostat to the furnace?
Are the wires hooked up?
Does the thermostat require a power supply?
Where is the power supply?
Is it working correctly?

Is the breaker for the furnace on?
Did it operate last season.

Did you trace the wires from the thermostat to the furnace?
I did not trace the wires yet but I would assume they have been messed with.
Are the wires hooked up?
Yes
Does the thermostat require a power supply?
Yes, it plugs into an outlet next to the furnace.
Where is the power supply?
See above
Is it working correctly?
I don't think so but it may be user error.

I will upload some pics so that you can better understand my setup.

I was not living in this house last winter so I have no idea about the history other than the old lady that we bought it from. She just basically told me that something wasn't working right on the wood stove and she thought it was the thermostat but she didn't really know.

It looks to me that it is an stand alone unit that is tied into the house ducting. It has a the fan control center and limit switch mounted on the back along with a filter box. The fan control unit plugs into a wall outlet that is behind the unit. When I plug it in, it just runs and never goes off. At first I could move the thermostat back and forth from cold to hot and hear a clicking near the stove (thermostat is upstairs / furnace is down stairs) but that has since quit so I don't know what that was.

I look forward to your help and I will reply with lots of pics.

Thanks,
Nathan

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1039 (1).JPG
    IMG_1039 (1).JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 104
Looks like a nice and tidy setup. What did previous owner say about it? Have you started a fire in the unit? Have you searched online for a users manual? I would believe there is a forum some where with members who own that particular unit. Have you searched this site with the term Clayton?

Have you seen this forum concerning the Clayton 1600m? http://nepacrossroads.com/about17330.html

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.