New to Forum - looking for 30 degree 3" elbow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDM

Jan 30, 2016
Northern California
Hi, I found this forum and thought I would ask. I am getting ready to install a pellet stove using a Duravent AC-3000 3" vent kit. It is going to be a corner install with the stove diagonal. The corner that I am installing it in has a larger than 90 degree angle, so I am trying to find a 3" elbow that is 30 degrees (rather than the 45 degree elbow used in a corner that is 90 degrees). I see a few references to people saying that they used a 30 degree elbow, but I can't seem to track one down anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I found this forum and thought I would ask. I am getting ready to install a pellet stove using a Duravent AC-3000 3" vent kit. It is going to be a corner install with the stove diagonal. The corner that I am installing it in has a larger than 90 degree angle, so I am trying to find a 3" elbow that is 30 degrees (rather than the 45 degree elbow used in a corner that is 90 degrees). I see a few references to people saying that they used a 30 degree elbow, but I can't seem to track one down anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I dont believe duravent makes a 30 degree. I didnt have much luck finding one anyway. What i ended up doing was going up then out. With the 90 degree elbow inside i was able to spin the joint easy enough to line up exactly how i wanted it.
Another option if you are willing or able to go up then out is to use an adjustable 12 inch length of pipe. This would allow you to be able to spin that section wherever you wanted. Just need to seal up the joint good.

Sorry to say, never seen one.

Not that it would not be useful in some situations, but likely not a big enough call for it to tool up for it.

I dont believe duravent makes a 30 degree. I didnt have much luck finding one anyway. What i ended up doing was going up then out. With the 90 degree elbow inside i was able to spin the joint easy enough to line up exactly how i wanted it.
Another option if you are willing or able to go up then out is to use an adjustable 12 inch length of pipe. This would allow you to be able to spin that section wherever you wanted. Just need to seal up the joint good.

Hi, thanks for the reply, Duravent doesn't make the 30 Degree elbow at least not in 3 or 4". I guess I was hoping to find one in another brand that would work with the Duravent, probably wishful thinking. Going up inside the house is certainly an option, but I was really hoping to go out behind the stove for aesthetics. I could also use the 45 and the angle of the stove will just be a little off center (but again, bad aesthetics). Is it possible to go through the wall at a little bit of an angle? It's only 15 degrees. I have also seen some 45s listed as adjustable (Selkirk 243215), when I looked into it, it seems that the adjustable 45s do not have tabs in the pipe so you can use 2 of them and turn the pipe to get different angles. I am pretty sure you can't use 2 45s together, there needs to be some straight in between, also even if you could using 2 would give you more angle not less.

Hi, thanks for the reply, Duravent doesn't make the 30 Degree elbow at least not in 3 or 4". I guess I was hoping to find one in another brand that would work with the Duravent, probably wishful thinking. Going up inside the house is certainly an option, but I was really hoping to go out behind the stove for aesthetics. I could also use the 45 and the angle of the stove will just be a little off center (but again, bad aesthetics). Is it possible to go through the wall at a little bit of an angle? It's only 15 degrees. I have also seen some 45s listed as adjustable (Selkirk 243215), when I looked into it, it seems that the adjustable 45s do not have tabs in the pipe so you can use 2 of them and turn the pipe to get different angles. I am pretty sure you can't use 2 45s together, there needs to be some straight in between, also even if you could using 2 would give you more angle not less.

Im not sure about the newer 90's. Im pretty sure the ones in stores now are sealed on the inside with rtv sealant. I can adjust my older ones but you need to be really careful or they might just pop apart at the seam. If you can clean the rtv off the seams inside and try it, it might work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.