New to forum looking for hookup advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermonpond

Aug 20, 2008
Central Maine
Hello everyone. Just stumbled across this website and have enjoyed reading the posts. Lots of expertise out there.

I'm planning on buying a Jotul Oslo and installing it in my basement - running the pipe up an existing fireplace. The flue is clay tile lined and the chimney is interior.

Any problem with this plan? If not then how high should the pipe go up the chimney?

Thanks very much with the help.

An ideal installation would be running a liner from the stove to the top of the chimney.
It would be easier to clean, provide better draft, and better stove perfomance.

Hermonpond said:
If not then how high should the pipe go up the chimney?

Just far enough to attach to the chimney cap.

Thanks for the replies - guess I was hoping with the interior chimney that going to the top wasn't necessary. When we used the existing fireplace it always drafted very well.

An open fireplace and an EPA stove are two different critters. It may work fine, but in the long run, for draft and ease of cleaning, if I had the option of a full liner, it would be done.

What size flu do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.