New to Hearth.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garcia.1

Nov 25, 2011
Central Illinois
Have been reading this forum for a few months now and I enjoy the humor and advice. Live in Northern Illinois and have been burnin for 30 years. Started out with a Nashua and for the past 3 years have used a Heathstone Heritage. I live on 6 acres of oak timber so fire wood is not a problem. I am having a problem finding pictures and diagrams for some accessories I might be interested in for my stove. External air and blower. The Heartstone site has none, just part numbers. Would appreciate some info on these parts if anyone has them and has the time.

Welcome to the forum garcia. That oak timber sounds good for sure but please realize that is the slowest drying wood there is. We never try to burn it until it has been split and stacked for 3 years else you may get some poor fires and lots of creosote. Remember that these new stoves need good DRY wood to burn right.

As for the blower, you might do better and get by cheaper with just a small desktop fan sitting in a doorway or hallway. Set it on the floor and run on low speed.....blowing the cooler air into the stove room. This will send that warm air to the back of the house much better than trying to blow the warm air there.

garcia.1 said:
Have been reading this forum for a few months now and I enjoy the humor and advice. Live in Northern Illinois and have been burnin for 30 years. Started out with a Nashua and for the past 3 years have used a Heathstone Heritage. I live on 6 acres of oak timber so fire wood is not a problem. I am having a problem finding pictures and diagrams for some accessories I might be interested in for my stove. External air and blower. The Heartstone site has none, just part numbers. Would appreciate some info on these parts if anyone has them and has the time.

Email Hearthstone. They will send you the info.

Welcome to the forum Garcia! Look forward to your posts with 30 years of burning experience..

Ray

Welcome garcia, I burnt in a Nashua for over 30 years myself, enjoy the site.

And a warm welcome to the forum from this side of the pond ;-)

Welcome to the forum Garcia.

Welcome! I used to live in Northern Illinois. lived in Rockford and worked in Stillman Valley and Byron.

Status
Not open for further replies.