New to log burning in need of some support!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tipped the stove back upright for you.
image.jpg

Reactions: raybonz
Thanks, as you can tell I'm new to this! Lol

Seems to be burning well with the primary air open a little bit aswell as the secondary. Although I'm still not as hot as I have been!

I can only think of a few instances where I would want to close the secondary air. Most stoves, this is not available for adjustment. Have you tried with the secondary wide open (or close) and the primary open just a pinch (after the stove is up to temp)?

Hello again everyone, sorry my internet has been down stupid BT, I have come to the conclusion that I wasn't warming the stove up enough, now I have done this it's lovely chucking out some heat, I'm sure the logs are still to damp but it will do for now! Thanks for all of your help!
Ben

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.