New to me 046 mag new video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
southbound said:
can't wait!!

Again not many can take a saw from where you started and make it a Real Strong Saw......If any one followed this threade or ran a 046/460 will know thats a hot runner!
lots of people wanna bees but this is the real deal!

Thanks ,,,, you're making me blush..

I owe it all to the folks at my local stihl shop.They help me so much and for free it is not funny....

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:
can't wait!!

Again not many can take a saw from where you started and make it a Real Strong Saw......If any one followed this threade or ran a 046/460 will know thats a hot runner!
lots of people wanna bees but this is the real deal!

Thanks ,,,, you're making me blush..

I owe it all to the folks at my local stihl shop.They help me so much and for free it is not funny....

LOL and a smile ear to ear! Video tells the whole story..

that's impressive. I need to get one of those.

Danno77 said:
that's impressive. I need to get one of those.

Danno you could pull off the pink tie with on of those! lol

smokinjay said:
southbound said:
As soon as you come to tn...

I was surprised as how well this saw cuts..I run a MS440 mag all day but we seem to only cut twigs... I do get to cut trees and the 440 is alright but it an't like my 064.I did not think that there would be as big a difference between the 044 and 046 but there is..This is now my go to saw for sure..I call it my lil'ripper..............

Done right they will out run a 660 in most wood and make a 044/441 look silly!

I hate to say it but I think it out pulls the 064/066 hybrid I have.... Went and cleaned up some more of that sweet gum today and even folks with no saw knowledge made comments on how fast it was going threw it....

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:
As soon as you come to tn...

I was surprised as how well this saw cuts..I run a MS440 mag all day but we seem to only cut twigs... I do get to cut trees and the 440 is alright but it an't like my 064.I did not think that there would be as big a difference between the 044 and 046 but there is..This is now my go to saw for sure..I call it my lil'ripper..............

Done right they will out run a 660 in most wood and make a 044/441 look silly!

I hate to say it but I think it out pulls the 064/066 hybrid I have.... Went and cleaned up some more of that sweet gum today and even folks with no saw made comments on how fast it was going threw it....

lol I tryed to tell you! Now if you was in a monster log and I mean monster that 064 would just out lug it. 40+ in hardwood or 50+ softwood then things start to change a little. And
even the it can come down to real dogfight on the low side of those numbers.

southbound said:
I know I know!!!!

Hey they were both given to me so hell I had to build the 064,right??

Oh Yea around here both would be the berrys. I just had to pull up some where 460/880 seems to be very sweeet for me but some day a 660 could be the perfect 4 saw plan.

southbound said:
I like the size of the 064 better then the 066..It is hard to see in pic's but side by side the 64 is much smaller....

Yea looks like a cool set up like to see it barried in a monster tree. I have a couple silver maples to do should go 60-65 inchs going to cross cut with the 880 for the first time.
The 460 and 32 inch bar probally do it but just itching to see it cross.

[
quote author="ISeeDeadBTUs" date="1290114519"]I wanna know. . .Who's wife is lettin' them dismantle the saw on the kitchen table?!? :eek:hh:[/quote]
+1 !!!!

Again mine!!!

Got a non sparking 031av on it right now....It is all in a box tho...

I brought it in this am and first thing she said was want me to empty the dishwasher????? I said nope this one is not getting a bath..

southbound said:
Again mine!!!

Got a non sparking 031av on it right now....It is all in a box tho...

I brought it in this am and first thing she said was want me to empty the dishwasher????? I said nope this one is not getting a bath..

Nice to have someone who gets it.....I couldnt afford my house if it wasnt for the saws and my gf grow up with only wood heat. She gets it...lol

HI
i just picked up an unwanted 046.Whats the differance between the 046 and the 046 mag?
Thanks Thomas

salecker said:
HI
i just picked up an unwanted 046.Whats the differance between the 046 and the 046 mag?
Thanks Thomas

046 is the older model really the same saw!

The older 046 is junk and you need to sell it to me cheap!!!!! Preferably for the price of shipping!!!!

Ok now how about some pic's??? How much was it???

The biggest difference of the two will be flippy caps....

southbound said:
The older 046 is junk and you need to sell it to me cheap!!!!! Preferably for the price of shipping!!!!

Flippy caps with the right OP Will Smoke the OP of non flippy caps.........(not even a fair race) So I will take that 046 but You will need to pay postage! 046 is only a parts saw!

smokinjay said:
southbound said:

Flippy caps with the right OP Will Smoke the OP of non flippy caps.........(not even a fair race) So I will take that 046 but You will need to pay postage! 046 is only a parts saw!

No No No I was inline first...

See my thinking is the flippy caps are heaver then the screw in caps right??? So this turns into more weight pushing the saw through the cut..There for flippy caps = faster...

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:

See my thinking is the flippy caps are heaver then the screw in caps right??? So this turns into more weight pushing the saw through the cut..There for flippy caps = faster...

He pays shipping I will throw in a running mac 3216 12, 16 inch bars...LOL

smokinjay said:
southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:

DANG!!! A running mac 3216.. I can't beat that................I just traded off my troybuilt for a 031......

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:

DANG!!! A running mac 3216.. I can't beat that................I just traded off my troybuilt for a 031......

Yea its rare to see one running!

Thanks for the responce
I got it for $150,but it could use a recoil,some of the screen is broke out.
I havn't had a need for a saw for the last few years,13 exactly.other than cutting the ocaisional tree around the yard.My last full time saw got stolen a Stihl 034,seems i'v always had them. Have ended up with a good colection of Stihls over the years.Most are not runners.So i thoght i would pop on the 046 it was running and the other running saws are a 026 and a MS260 both inherited,and one lone husky XP265.
I'm getting back into woodburning so i'll have to get used to a saw or two again
I'll probly need some help finding parts for some of the others,one has no identifying marks.
I'm always giving broke stuff a home.
Sorry for the hijack
Thomas

salecker said:
Thanks for the responce
I got it for $150,but it could use a recoil,some of the screen is broke out.
I havn't had a need for a saw for the last few years,13 exactly.other than cutting the ocaisional tree around the yard.My last full time saw got stolen a Stihl 034,seems i'v always had them. Have ended up with a good colection of Stihls over the years.Most are not runners.So i thoght i would pop on the 046 it was running and the other running saws are a 026 and a MS260 both inherited,and one lone husky XP265.
I'm getting back into woodburning so i'll have to get used to a saw or two again
I'll probly need some help finding parts for some of the others,one has no identifying marks.
I'm always giving broke stuff a home.
Sorry for the hijack
Thomas

Always room for a 046 at 150.00 bucks nice score!

Status
Not open for further replies.