New (to me) Avalon pellet stove sitting in place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseihmech

Jan 14, 2013
Kennewick, Wa
new pellet sstove.jpgnew pellet stove2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the new pellet stove sitting in its new spot. But for the life of me I can not figure out how to get the rotate the right way. On the computer they are the right way but when I upload them they rotate. If anyone knows how to rotate them back please help.

But anyways I got the stove for $75. Previous owners said auger wouldn't turn at all. Looked at the stove and decided to buy it. Cleaned out all the swollen pellets from the auger tube and gave it a very good cleaning. From the amount of ash I got out of the stove I'm guessing it hadn't been cleaned in at least 3-4 years. Repainted it and checked all the gaskets, and put it on the hearth today. Ran it in my garage for a good 6 hours total. Everything seemed to check out.

The old woodstove was 8 in exhaust. Would it be ok to run the pellet pipe all the way up through the existing 8 inch pipe? And I can build a little block off piece to fill the gap. I'm guessing its only a 13-14 foot straight shot to the top of the triple wall pipe.

Also, with the brick around the backside, Can I get outside air from the remaining air gap between the pellet pipe and the triple wall?

The old woodstove was 8 in exhaust. Would it be ok to run the pellet pipe all the way up through the existing 8 inch pipe? And I can build a little block off piece to fill the gap. I'm guessing its only a 13-14 foot straight shot to the top of the triple wall pipe......

That may not be necessary. I used the original 8" wood stove pipe for my stove. Works just fine. There are 2 adapters you'll probably need to adapt to the pellet pipe, plus the 8" to 4" adapter pipe. My original pellet stove, an Avalon Astoria, had 4", so that's what I got ....see pic.

BTW, nice score on a good stove.

Astoria 1.jpg

I was thinking of running it all the way through so I could use the remaining air gap for the outside air. Would that work do you think? Or would that pull exhaust back down into the air intake

Hello

I just finished a Class A Metal wood stove chimney to wood pellet stove conversion just like what you have. This conversion system includes a 3 inch flex pipe with adapter to go into the 2" fresh air pipe on the back of your stove. It pulls the fresh air between a 4" liner installed in your 8" metal chimney and the inside of your metal chimney. There are special Direct Temp venting and conversion adapters to do this properly. I am in the process of putting up some pics of it on our web site. PC (Private Conversation) me with your email address for more information.

The best part about this system is that it dries out and warms the air going into your burn pot. I have it on my pellet stoves too!

Nice score and good looking install! I believe the Astoria is made by the same manufacturer as the Lopi brand. Having ran a Lopi for many years, I can attest to their quality and think you'll be happy with your newest addition for many years. Good for you.

Nice score and good looking install! I believe the Astoria is made by the same manufacturer as the Lopi brand. Having ran a Lopi for many years, I can attest to their quality and think you'll be happy with your newest addition for many years. Good for you.
The OP didn't do the install yet, and it's not an Astoria.....pretty sure it's a 900PS

Are you taking pics with an iPhone or iPad? If so, they (all smart phones) are designed for Wide angle shots. Hold phone with button to the right.

Are you taking pics with an iPhone or iPad? If so, they (all smart phones) are designed for Wide angle shots. Hold phone with button to the right.

Hi

I just upgraded to IOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and the camera flash does not work many times! Turns out it is a real bug with IOS 7 #%#%%#&#* ! ! ! Also IOS 7.02 still does not fix the problem!

So be careful on upgrades!

If anyone has any comments on the this see
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-5-causes-camera-flash-malfunctioning.114571/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.