New to me Englander 25 PDV. Also new to the site.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImAnXfile

Dec 8, 2009
South Western Ohio
Just wanted to drop in post a bit and say hi. been reading around the site a bit and I see a ton of usefull info here ;).

I picked up a 2007 model Englander 25PDV used off of craigslist for $500.00 (A steal in my book) The guy I got it from was a super great fella, 100% upfront with me to the letter. He told me it needed an Auger motor so I took it home and got to doing my homework. Found the motors on the Englander site for $130.00. I also found TONS of complaints about the stock motor. So I decided to find a better motor. I realize im not the first to take on this quest, I found several options but everyone had to be ordered. Patience is virtue but im not very virtuis (sp?). I stumbled onto a guy that mentioned Grainger had a motor to the correct specs but also said it did not work out for him. hmmmm I wonder why? he hadnt really said. All I could assume was the Grainger advertised motor spins clockwise which is backwards for the stove. I went ahead even with the warning and got the gearmotor. I pulled the 2 screws from the new motor stator, then pulled the winding off, flipped the windding over and reassembled. Works perfect. Its a Dayton motor model #1LNG2. Grainger stocks them for $89.00. Great deal, stout motor, And no wait.

Hope this helps some out and great site I think ill hang out and read a bit. ;)

X

Welcome to the forum X.....I see you DID your homework and got a great deal on a good auger motor....congrats on the inexpensive stove and fix.

If you have it installed (or WHEN you do), everyone on this forum loves to see pics of new installs, especially ones of the stove burning!

Oh, and BTW, hopefully the original owner gave you the owners manual, but if not, you've already found the Englander site and can download a copy.

And if we can't help you with a problem, a person you may have seen mentioned on here, Mike Holton, is the Senior Service Tech at Englander and is a regular contributor on the forum. So you have a great resource there, or of course, you can call them on the phone.

Enjoy the forum, and enjoy the heat!

PS DON"T FORGET THE PICS! LOL

Thanks for doing the homework -
I too have an Englander 25 PDV. Not yet had a problem with the auger motor - but I am sure I will at some point.
Will save this thread for then.
Thanks

I went with the Grainger / Dayton motor model #1LNG2 as well. The reviews on Gleason almost made me pull the trigger on that one, but I went with the Grainger for the sole reason that for a couple of extra bucks (112 out the door) I was able to purchase the extended 2 year warranty in addition to Graingers 1 year, for a total of 3 years. Just made sense to me to have that guarantee so I dont have to worry about another auger motor for a while.

And I did the Flip to, here is a Nice animation from Moderator "hearthtools" from this post here https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52492/
fourth comment in the thread. Its his animation NOT MINE, I'm just Borrowing it because its very cool and simple to understand (thanks Hearthtools)

Attachments

• Augerrotationchange_animate.gif
    Augerrotationchange_animate.gif
    221.8 KB · Views: 510
I have used them on the Earth stove. They work fine. No difference in sound at all.

Once in a while you can score good stuff on Craigs and Ebay if you watch them closely.

I have bought two stoves off Craigs list.
I advertised "WANTED" and both times had replies quickly.

Glad you got your stove all fixed up.

Snowy

bo305 said:
How are the Grainger / Dayton auger motors working out for you guys? Are they quiet?

I have the Grainger...............

It seems to have a different noise to it than the MK that came with the stove, but a noise none the less. I don't know if it's me keeping a closer eye on the stove / or just the new Motor, but the stove does seem to run a lot hotter than before and I have a larger amount of ash when I shut it off. So far so good with the motor though ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.