New to me Hearthstone Starlet installed, thanks to this site for the info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Burning Hunk
Feb 18, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a new member here and over the last 2 months got some valuable information from this site on hearth building and some other install tips. I just installed a Hearthstone Starlet on a raised hearth covered with quartzite. Chimney is excel. Thank you to everyones posts I browsed and for all the knowledge I gathered from this site. Here is a pic of the work so far. Going to go a little farther up the wall with the stone. P1010803.JPG

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Hey Holiday, welcome to the site. Lots of us started with information gotten here. Nice setup you've got there.

Love the stone work on the hearth.

Nice!
1st stove ever?

Thanks for the compliments, yes it is my first stove. My cousin always had stoves and got me hooked lol. I spent a lot of time filling his. I am near Yorkton, which is about 2 hours from Regina. At the refinery?

Holiday: not at the refinery, at the training academy. I thought perhaps the 6 months would have been a giveaway.

I slept in Yorkton when I moved from Alberta to my current location. Very nice place.

Andrew

Yes, that makes much more sense, I forget about that as I was also in Alberta since 2000. I just came back last year. How is quebec?

Nice looking install Holiday and Welcome! I really like the quartzite, especially the "subway" brick style backsplash.

That looks great. I added the stove name to the title. We don't see it that often. What can you tell us about the stove?

Thanks, I cut all those from the full tiles. Turned out well.

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
It's basically a cast iron stove with removable P1010805.JPG soapstone tiles placed around it for looks and some heat absorption. It's 40000 btu, 17" logs, 1.6 cu ft firebox, so not an overly large stove. This one is a 1997. I found it used in British Columbia but it's in excellent shape.

Attachments

• P1010804.JPG
    P1010804.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 246
I like its clean lines. How does it reburn, secondary tubes or cat?

It has secondary tubes.

Thanks. It sounds like the predecessor to the Homestead.

I agree. It looks and sounds similar to my Homestead. Nice install!

Yes, it probably was. I see they now have a solid soapstone firebox. They must have a very nice heat coming off of them.

you don't see to many starlets out there, none of us sold too many! and they discontinued it after a few years.
same basic body as the old Sterling b-vent gas stove

nice looking install there :)

Yes, it looks very similar. I wonder if there are any fresh air kits around yet to fit the starlet. It would be a little easier than fabricating one.

Status
Not open for further replies.