New (to me) integra info.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Bob

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2013
park county montana
Finally got answers back.Eproms statring from 2.6 and up have a cleaning cycle.Once an hour the combustion blower ramps to full speed,up to 2 minutes,depending on eprom.Convection and auger should remain the same.If stove surges(both blowers/flame up and down.you have an air leak(we knew that).If convection blower only surges,could be either board.Rika 11's should have all availible updates done,including ignitor system.German company still doing the v1 eproms.Latest version is the cleanest burning one.Someone is working on reintroducing the v1 over here,with a change that will auto light on thermostat.And the mass air flow sensor is from BMW.The hall effect sensor feedback system on the combustion blower was designed so stove can be run at any altitude,also compensates for different flues.Hope this helps someone.Bob

I do not like the auto light on thermostat. The Rika II's have a 9 minute shutdown and 21 minute start up, and cannot be interrupted. The shutdown does a self clean, ramping up the combustion blower, then ramps up the convection blower to blow all the heat out. If the thermostat calls for heat again during the shutdown, it cannot stop the shutdown sequence. The stove is so powerful that you get quite a bit of cycling on and off of the stove, which cannot be good for the igniter. On my Integra I when the thermostat does not call for heat, the stove runs at the lowest setting, and then goes to the dial setting when it does call for heat.

I understand there is a Rika Pellet Stove wall control/thermostat that disables the stoves controller and in addition to handling all the stove programming, has a thermostat system that, from what I can decipher from the limited information available, leaves the stove at "O" for a certain length of time when the thermostat stops calling for heat. If it continues not calling for heat for that length of time, it then shuts the stove off.

I really need to look into that controller - just have not had a chance.

The point is it could be used as a shoulder stove,or put on a timer thermostat to only come on at certain times,like most new stoves,especially in europe.V1 stoves when on t stat drop to 50% of whatever your power knob setting is,in "off or pilot".So you are running a v2 on a t stat?If it is not one of the rika ones(sounds like it)the stove programming wasn't set up for it.If you want info on the factory ones go to rika and look under accessory manuals,describes the room t stat/controller.Looks like a nice setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.