New to me Sierra 2100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2013
Maine
As per my first post , I was looking to replace my wood circulator. Had my eye on an NC 30 . But happened across a Sierra 2100FS for $350 so grabbed it . The stove is in excellent shape except for a few mishaps of my own causing . Broke the baffle board and fil bent the middle reburn tube trying to throw a log in . .

Can order the 2 parts easy enough . I have it hooked up and running and other than getting use to the burn cycles etc , I am liking it . Should have the parts end of week and will see how much better it works . Even though the baffle broke it is still in place but want it whole again .

Fires up easy enough but not used to the type of heat vs the circulator . More mild instead of in your face . Lol , I do like watching the secondaries light up though . Sat and watched the fire for a few hours the first night I ran it .

Good heater. Good price. Why do you keep beating up your wood stove? ;lol

Not intentionally beating them up . Just happened to have a ratchet strap drop in the top and break the baffle during tansport .

The fil on te other hand......

Good heater. Good price. Why do you keep beating up your wood stove? ;lol

was expecting you on this thread , I know you loved yours. its a nice looking unit, first really good shot of one in action ive seen.

to the OP , hang in there , get the new parts in and the old girl will dance for ya. looks like she's doing well even with the damaged parts

Actually it is a pretty new girl. Current production model.

Actually it is a pretty new girl. Current production model.

show how much I know about their line, though im learning a bit about them, they make some impressive stoves.

I like the side mount draft control, interesting idea (might have to steal it);)

BB is correct. This stove was only run for 2 seasons , so it is a newer model.

What's behind those tiles on the back wall? Why do you have it up on bricks/tiles?

The back wall is 2x4 steel studs mounted to existing wall , then 1/2 inch duroc mounted to them , then the tile. Gives me 1 3/4 inch air gap.

The stove is up on the blocks to meet the existing pipe from my old stove. Will be replacing the bottom section of pipe and lowering the stove when I replace the baffle. The floor section of hearth is duroc then2x4 steel studs then 1 inch of duroc then tile .

Btw , I do like the side mounted draft but you need to be careful walking by the stove since it sticks out so far when fully opened . Not a huge issue for me since there is little reason to go by it on that side . Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.