New to Me Used Englander-update w/install pics post#20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo-Quad said:
Man you guys with dry basements make me puke!!!!!!!! I never realized Englanders exhaust pipes were off set before.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Well here she is burning.

Also a pic of the outside venting.

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 272
smoke show said:

I have a question about the outside venting: Is that vent "cap" facing sideways?

If so, that could cause burn problems with wind blowing toward it.
All outside caps on side-of-the-house exhaust need to be facing downwards and away from house and/or prevailing winds (if possible).

Maybe I'm just not seeing it right?

imacman said:
smoke show said:

I have a question about the outside venting: Is that vent "cap" facing sideways?

If so, that could cause burn problems with wind blowing toward it.
All outside caps on side-of-the-house exhaust need to be facing downwards and away from house and/or prevailing winds (if possible).

Maybe I'm just not seeing it right?

Delta-T said:
on selkirk dt, you may need to buy a 45 to do that, but I dont think you need to. i have seen many, many, many stoves vented horizontal with accelerator cap (like in your photo) with no ill effect whatsoever. no wories.

Status
Not open for further replies.