New to pellet burning (Harman Accentra 52i)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2014
Rochester, NY
Hi everyone. New to pellet stoves this year. Been burning wood for 20 years and needed to replace my wood stove and decided on a pellet stove after visiting my local stove dealer. Went in to dealer this summer with all the intentions of buying a new wood stove and ended up with a pellet stove. I was very impressed with the heat output of a pellet stove after viewing many models. I never thought pellet stoves could put out the amount of heat that they do. I ended up buying a Harman Accentra insert. My close second was the Quadra-fire. Decided on the Harman because of look, even though the Quadra-fire had more of the features that I wanted. I hope I made the right decision. Been burning now for about 2 weeks and I am very happy with this stove. Any advice or input on this stove would be much appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site and maybe a lot of the work of long logs. I have little working knowledge of inserts so will let others offer guidance.

Welcome! I also burned wood for a long time. I just self installed a free standing Harman P68 and love it. Pellet heat is great and hardly any work at all. I am sold on these pellet stoves. You should run trouble free and there are many here with that insert so there will be tons of advice and support. Main thing is to read up here and clean your stove like you are supposed to.

Welcome to the forum! Other Harman owners would have been all over this thread if you had added Harman Accentra in the title;lol Next time or edit this title;)
Read, then re-read your manual. Harman has owner resources on their website ... videos on how to clean your insert well. Accentra insert & Accentra 52i use and care videos on the bottom of the list.
There is a "sticky" on the main pellet forum page at the top for Harman stoves. Search the forum for lots of info.

Welcome to the forum, Husky. Lots of new folks registering and posting of recent as heating season is coming into full swing. Hundreds of Harman folks prowl on this forum who will be able to help you. The 'esprit de corps' that this diverse forum group seems to espouse to is, IMHO, an intrinsically value-added benefit to being a forum member.

Despite them being owned by the same parent company, Quadrafire and Harman owners alike seem to share the 'Ford vs Chevy' spirited rivalry seen here and elsewhere on-line I imagine as well.

It's all good !! It's all about keeping us and our families safe and warm, and the satisfaction of learning as much as we can about how to maximize our stove's safety and operational efficiency vs the $$$ and sweat equity we invest into them. Given your long firewood burning history, you no doubt know all about sweat equity! Fortunately for me, burning pellets vs fire wood has made it considerably easier to 'work smarter, not harder.'

Use the search function in the upper right corner of the page to search "Harmon Accentra" and you will find literally hundreds of prior postings to help you on many areas of Harman stove interest or trouble shooting needs. If you don't see anything that addresses your particular issue then by all means, fire up a new topic thread !

As in other 'self-help' on-line forums, postings that encompass 3 page vignetted soliloquies - or conversely, the "my stove isn't working, what should I do?" type thread postings tend to get less engaged responses. The Private Messaging option is a great way to communicate off-post if the topic is more conversational than stove operational related, and is arguably under utilized by all of us.

I'd recommend you include your brand and model of stove in your topic thread (you can edit your post thread title to reflect your Harman connection), as that will catch the eye of other Harman members who have unique knowledge of your stove, and can often best help you.

Happy burning ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! If your happy with what you got, then you made the right decision. Happy burning:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.