New to Pellet Stove Ownership

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2014
Oakland,ME
Hello all,

Left the life of renting and was finally able to buy a home. Well the homes only source of heat is a pellet stove. I have only ever dealt with propane monitors. Have been running for about a month or two now. No real issues. Watched the dvd and read the manual. However the former owner basically left all the outside panels off the stove and I am assuming threw out all the screws.

So my question is it alright to leave the panel with the combustion blower open as well as the panel on the otherside near the control panel. Also inside the stove under the burn pot and behind the ash pan have been unscrewed and were just left leaning up against the wall.

And if everything should be screwed back up does it matter much other then length and size on the type of screw used?

Thank you,

Parker

Also don't know if it helps or not but Pellet Stove is: 25-PAH, 55-SHPAH, 55-TRPAH

First off download the stoves manuals from Englander Stoves. They have good support so help is there if needed. Its not like you got a unsupported outdated stove. Welcome. Theres plenty of info on that stove if you use the search function.

Reactions: bags
Have seen that before when a house is listed,unit must be serviced,and is left open for house inspector.Putting covers back on usually makes stove quieter.Call Mike at england stove and he will tell you what screws you need.

Congrats on the new house and the pellet stove! Hope you've got a surge protector, smoke detectors, CO monitor, and fire extinguisher in the stove room but away from the stove ... protect your investment and yourselves.

Reactions: JDenyer236
Welcome to the big league & Good Luck!

Congrats on your first home. I would put the panels back on. You don't want someone sticking their fingers where they don't belong. Even if you have no kids you may have friends over that do, and well you know kids:) You should be able to get screws at any local hardware store, there is nothing special about them other than size and length. Oh and now that you belong to the homeowners club make sure to watch the movie Money Pit if you haven't already. My boss lent it to me after we bought our first house, very funny movie in a scary kinda way:)

Status
Not open for further replies.