New to pellet stoves, Looking for help choosing a first time unit and hearth pad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah right now at lowes they got 25% off seasonal heating items, so example the 1200 dollar pellet by englander is about $900. I got a sweet deal at lowes in dec on a 240 pound hopper model, got it for 1500, it normally is about 1800. Its not stocked in the stores so it would be unavailable for the 25% off, so i got it for as cheap as can be.

I agree with Mike on the Cleaning issue. Mine gets a quick swipe with a paper towel once or twice a day and I dump the bin every 3 or so burning corn once a week with pellets. Beyond that knock off the inside of the burn chamber area and its all over in about 1 minute. Your mileage may vary depending on how much of a neat nut you are or aren't. A lot of how you operate these things is pretty much up to you. It varies too with what kind and make of pellets you burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.