New to site and wood furnaces. Have a quick question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttopmustanggt88

Dec 8, 2007
central mo
Just getting started researching wood furnaces and glad i found this place. I just bought a wood furnace very very cheap and wondered if anyone knew where i could get some information on it. It says Grannys energy saver on the door and it came with fire chief literature. This thing has never had a fire in it so i think i got a deal? thanks for any help. Josh

Well. I have a "fire chief" furnace, without the Grannys energy saver on the door. You would know if it was a fire chief if it matched the literature. Speaking of the firechief literature, its pretty general, and not to informative, but worth reading if your not familiar about a wood furnace. But for techinical matters, your best info will come from this site. Don't be afraid to ask, there is much to be learned here. Good luck.

yes ive read alot on firechiefs online. i know this is not a fire chief. grannys energy saver and the stove is all black. but when i look at the layout and design of a firechief this thing fits it to a t. so it has me a bit confussed. im sure ill be asking plenty of questions as i plan to hook this furnace up to my existing electric furnace. wish me luck.

Good luck!

And welcome to Hearth.com.

Let us know what you find out. I don't if it's the same way with furnaces, but some products are mass produced and then sold by different companies, or different divisions of companies, under different brand names. Maybe if you post a pic of your furnace, someone will recognize it. I wouldn't be surprised if Webmaster Craig came up with a flyer or some other piece of documentation otherwise lost to time.

Here are a few pics of the stove. without sides and top on it. thanks for any help on this.

Attachments

• stove 1.jpg
    stove 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,135
  • stove 2.jpg
    stove 2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 971
  • stove 3.jpg
    stove 3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 829
THat sure looks like its a dual fuel with a rotary shaker grate for coal. My Burnham had a similiar set up (unfortunately damaged when I got it). So you can run coal as well as wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.