New to the forums...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsw1177

Mar 11, 2014
Southern MD
Hello all,

Been lurking the threads for a while now educating myself on add-on wood furnaces. With the cost of LP this winter, we've decided that an add-on wood furnace would be the best route to reduce our reliance on LP.

I've narrowed the search down to the Kuuma Vapor 100 or the Max Caddy. I'll be heating a 2800 sq ft. home with two stories and a basement. I'd like to hear pros and cons from owners of these two furnaces.

Burn time, installation, ease of use, odor, and maintenance are all areas I'd like to hear about.

I'd also like to find owners of these two that live in southern Maryland or nearby, that wouldn't mind me taking a look at one in operation, and how it's installed.

Thanks

Ryan

Can't go wrong with either. I have the Kuuma and have No cons at all with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.