new to the fourm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuaneK

Apr 16, 2011
Michigan
Just joined this fourm. At the presant time I have an Heatmor odwb. Used it for 8 winters without any problems. Heat the house 1600sf. Hotwater base board and the polebarn 1300sf.with heatexchanger in a propane furnace. Keep pb at 60 deg. Due to old age and health reasons stacking and handling wood is getting to be too much. Have been checking out the Maxim pellet burner. Anyone used one for a full winter as a sole sourse of heat. I feel I can handle bags of pellets even if I have to load a pail at a time. Any input will be great. At this time I am paying $150 a cord for oak cut split and delivered.
DuaneK

Hi DuaneK,
At the top right of this page is a "quick search" window and a "search" window just below that. type in Pellet boiler" or what ever you are looking for in the forum and you should come up with lots of stuff to mull over. $150 per cord c/s/d is fairly common in my part of the state though I have seen people trying to get near fossil fuel equivalence. Prices keep going up and I'll have to look at some different measures (hope somebody comes up with some) :lol:
Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.