New to this ~ Winslow PS40 issue with blowers and fire continuing...scary!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletNewbie2014

Nov 28, 2014
Winchendon, MA
Hi all! I am new to this and am hoping that this is the right area to post a problem/issue with. Here goes:

In April 2014 I purchased a brand new Winslow PS40. I only ran it a couple of times to burn off the paint, etc. as I was advised to do.

Here we are in November and it has been my primary source of heat since the beginning of November; I have been burning New England Wood Pellets. For about a week now it has been acting up. The stove will start and will be fine and then about an hour into burning and functioning properly, both the convection and combustion blowers will shut off with a full fire continuing to be burnt in the stove. The pellets continue to be fed into the stove even after the blowers shut off causing a relatively raging fire in the stove. Even AFTER I turn the dial to off, the auger continues to feed pellets into the stove with the fans both off, and the fire continues to grow...very scary! I literally have to pull the plug in order for the pellets to stop feeding and the fire to eventually put itself off.

The strange thing is that sometimes this stove will run for 24 hours without an issue and then of nowhere it does the above. I clean the stove at least every two days...usually daily as I am new to owning a pellet stove and quite frankly do not have a clue what I am doing. So, I do not think that being dirty could or would be the cause of this.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong with the stove? A setting I need to change maybe?

Thank you all in advance to taking the time to help me out here!

Yeah you need to call the dealer. It's a new stove.

Does the fire box fill up with smoke?

You would be well within the warranty at this point. Call your dealer and have them send someone out to fix that, do not work on it yourself or allow another service tech to do so without an OK from your dealer.

Reactions: JDenyer236
Status
Not open for further replies.