New to Wood Burning - Great Site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterdogscbr

Dec 26, 2010
Southern New Jersey
I am new to Wood Stove burning. I got tired of paying for Oil Heat and decided it was time to get independent. This Forum has been very helpful in my learning. Thanks to you all for taking the time to help out a newbie.

Welcome to the forum. Oil heat and not electric (sig)? Isn't that like a vegetarian cowboy?

Welcome to the site and feel free to post your questions when they arise. Folks here have plenty of great advice to help you get the from your new wood stove. The most important thing that I've leaned here is that there is no substitution for dry, well-seasoned wood. I also learned the definition of "well-seasoned!"

Welcome to the forum. Ask away friend, we will try to answer all questions. Happy and safe burning.

Welcome, yeah I "thought" I knew what I was doing. That was untill I really started reading the threads here.
Read everything you can, and ask all those "stupid" questions. Everyone here is more than happy to help.

Welcome to the forum waterdogscbr.

Welcome to the forum . . .post away if you have any questions.

I'll jump on this too. Welcome to the Hearth!
How much wood 'ya got? Is it dry? What kind is it?
How is your flue setup, how tall, and is it in a chimney or what?
What does your hearth look like. OOH, we like pics, so don't forget those when you can post 'em.
Ok you guys, what did I forget?

Status
Not open for further replies.