New to wood burning stoves. Need help identifying All Nighter and other general questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Madman960

Apr 21, 2024
Kent Ohio
I picked up the All Nighter 15100 last night for $25. I have not been able to find much information about it. I got it to heat my garage for the upcoming winter so I have plenty of time to get everything sorted.

I want to be able to work in the garage in the cold and I will likely have chickens in the garage for warmth in the winter.

I still have to stand it up for measurements. It was almost impossible for 2 of us to lift into the bed of my truck.

Thank you,

Bill

Screenshot_20240421-083207.png Screenshot_20240421-083239.png

I picked up the All Nighter 15100 last night for $25. I have not been able to find much information about it. I got it to heat my garage for the upcoming winter so I have plenty of time to get everything sorted.

I want to be able to work in the garage in the cold and I will likely have chickens in the garage for warmth in the winter.

I still have to stand it up for measurements. It was almost impossible for 2 of us to lift into the bed of my truck.

Thank you,

Bill

View attachment 326912

View attachment 326913
26.5 inches long, 22 inches wide and 20 inches deep.

Apparently it's a Dunham Lehr wonder warm or something. I can't make out the second word. It's extremely heavy. Threw my back out last night loading it in the back of my truck and struggling to move today.

I have not taken a measurement of the height including legs yet. I have not been able to stand it upright. It's still on its side in the back of the truck.

Looking for an owners manual or other information on setting up the stove. Also curious about the weight.

Just FYI, in the US, one cannot legally install a (solid fuel) stove in a garage.
This may have consequences for insurance pay out of something goes wrong.

Reactions: Madman960
That model doesn't show up often. The brand had a decent reputation.

The stove has suffered from neglect and it will take some wire brush work, sanding and elbow grease to get it paint worthy. Use a good stove paint like Stove Brite satin black after it has been prepped and wiped down with alcohol. It will take 3 coats so get at least 2 cans. When done it will look more like this:
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 7.38.22 AM.png

What is it like inside? Are the firebrick in good shape?

Ask lots of questions about installing this safely. As noted, garage installs are not permitted and can be risky if there are flamables in the space. A detached garage that is used as a shop is a safer bet.

Not sure about that model, but other All Nighters had an interesting stack up on the floor of the interior of the stove.

They had firebrick, a sheet of steel, an insulating layer of asbestos, and then the exterior floor of the stove.

If you pull the firebrick from the floor and find a layer that seems to be some kind of fiberboard, just leave that alone and cover it back up. No sense poking at it. It won't hurt anybody if it is just left there.