New to wood stoves and couple ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fast03r1

Oct 28, 2008
ohio
My first question is where around the Cleveland Ohio area is the best place to buy the pipe to install one of these. I have heard that there are places that wholesale to contractors...anyone know? Second is it better to use a triple wall pipe in an existing masonry chimney or can I get away with a single or double? This chimney is on the outside of the house and not the middle so it will be cold. Third I am putting this next to my furnace but there is a wall between where it is going and the existing chimney. Is it better to come up a little bit and use a 45 and put a good slope on the pipe or come up farther and use a 90? And will a small stove draft through the necessary two 90s and either a third 90 or 45? Any help is greatly appreciated.

The 45s would be better if you don't mind the stove being a bit further away from the chimney.
Insulated pipe might be better but I think it's a lot more money. I think if you allow some of the heat from the furnace room to go through the stove
before firing a cold chimney you should be able to get a decent draft going. Crack open a window or door near there for 10 minutes or so and I think
the warm air may go up through.

Whew! Saw the title of your thread and thought you were looking for relationship advice. :snake: The install guys will be along anytime now and get you hooked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.