New Toy - Chusky Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterMech said:
BB if your implying that the "Honda Clones" coming from Chinese manufacturers are the same quality as the genuine article then I have to disagree. They might stamp the valve covers the same shape and copy the rest of the externals for appearance but after hundreds of hours (they seldom make it to thousands) in the field, the differences become very apparent.

Never made any quality claims. And I defy anybody to find where I have ever implied anything rather that just saying it. ;-) Just stating how they stole the designs and got away with it. But I am enjoying all of the China quality bashing. It is deja vous all over again. When I was growing up everything that is being said today about the quality of Chinese stuff was being said about stuff made in Japan. Word for ever loving word. Next came South Korean stuff. Same drill. Then you wake up one morning and it is the greatest quality stuff on the planet.

BTW: My genuine made God knows where Honda GX270 on my big generator sure is doing a lot better with the new $14 made goes knows where carb on it.

I ain't gonna be around long enough to run anything thousands of hours. :lol:

BB,

Thanks for saying what I've been thinking for ages. We're better until we're not, they're worse until they're not. Staying on top is tough.

Gonna close this one. Started it just so people could get a chuckle out of the old fool buying a junk saw.

There are two Made In The USA threads running in the Ash Can already.

Anything bad happens with the saw I will be back with another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.