New toy...er... I mean... Tool!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I found this great little wagon a few days ago. I bought from an old gent who had built it himself using pressure treated lumber and a lawn tractor chassis. Solid as can be. The front tires were shot so I bought a couple of cheap ones on line and had them mounted at a local shop. It's perfect to pull with our lawn tractor, or if needed, I can pull it with my 8N. It should easily fit down the trails in the woods as it is no wider than the little tractor pulling it. I can load my saws and gear and head out to the woods and use it to bring the wood back to my work area. It measures 50 inches long, 29 inches wide, 22 inches to the top of the rails and the bed is six inches deep.
I figure I could add a stake bed to have taller walls to haul more if I need to.
I sold my Bride on it by telling her it would a lot of fun to pull our granddaughters around the property and through the woods in the wagon.
Here are a couple of pics with the first load of wood brought up to the front porch.

wagon1-1.jpg

wagon2.jpg

Kenster it looks great and real sturdy, never enough wagons or swings on the porch.

zap

zapny said:
Kenster it looks great and real sturdy, never enough wagons or swings on the porch.

zap

Three rockers on that porch, too, Zap. Love sitting in the rocker watching the sun go down with a cold one in my hand.

Kenster, that is a great idea. I have an old lawn mower around here and might try doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.