New use for insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodzilla

Dec 23, 2007
Mid-Michigan
So I ordered some coffee at 6 am last weekend. Still in my morning fog I did not realize that it was unroasted green beans. After researching how to roast coffee. I decided to put a cast iron skillet on some coals in the front of the firebox. Used a magnetic thermometer to watch for 475. Beans were roasted to a nice dark color...smoke was carried up the stack.
This weekend I'm drinking said coffee while feeling a little more self reliant. Thinking about stovetop breakfast soon.......

woodzilla said:
... After researching how to roast coffee. I decided to put a cast iron skillet on some coals in the front of the firebox. Used a magnetic thermometer to watch for 475. Beans were roasted to a nice dark color...smoke was carried up the stack.
This weekend I'm drinking said coffee while feeling a little more self reliant. ...

Excellent!

~Cath

Status
Not open for further replies.