New used boiler set up options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boiler is going to be in the basement, so the black pipe should only run from the boiler to the basement celing. I'm planning on putting an adapter between the basement celing and the fist floor then run it through the first floor celing and second floor then up to the false celing then out the vaulted celing as I said earlier it is almost directly at the peak so I wont have much pipe exposed to the cold. Do I need anything special between the first and second floors. I am going to fram in a wall with sheet rock arround it in the first floor for astetics reasons only but not sure if I need any special adapter or if just hanger supports spaced accordinly would be sufficient. Sorry for all the questions. I always seem to start a project like this and then realize that I need somthing else, somthing that I should have known or thought of then have to wast 2hrs running to the store to get more stuff. Just trying to avoid this inevidable event. Thanks again.

Bartman said:
Is that what that smell was???????? 8-/

Totally missed this post ealier : ) We have hot water on the other side of the house So I'm not clearing any rooms with the olfactory yet. To look at me might make jump a bit though.

Sounds like you have everything under control, you don't need anything between floors, only when you transition through a ceiling or roof penetration. Just bear in mind that you have to maintain the 2" clearance. In any case, it's always good to check your local codes, bureaucracy likes making changes. Where I live, we call it "the land of no".

I really appreciate all the help bartman. I feel a lot better about the project ahead and I think everyone's help definatly saved me a few headaches.

North of the Thruway west of Albany, as I understand it. Around here, it generally refers to the Adirondacks.

Was telling the wife last night that I want to take a road trip this summer, to take a week and follow the old Erie canal, she was for it, go figure.

Runs within a couple miles of my house. Let me know if you want to stop by for a beer or a cup of coffee and I'll show you a gasifier in action.

The North Country is as Eric says generally the Adirondacks region absoulty beautifu country I actually reside between Ogdensburg and Morristown NY. just enter the 13669 zip on mapquest to get a general Idea. I work on the St. Lawrence and the scenery is just breath taking. If your into the outdoors it is a giant playground.

Haven't been up there since I was a kid, so I really don't remember anything, but it does seem to be gorgeous up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.