New / Used Snapper Self Propelled Lawn Mower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Picked this up tonight for $70.00, it's a 2005 in great shape and starts on the first pull. The lady had it on Swap & Shop on our radio station in Massena.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3020.jpg
    100_3020.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_3021.jpg
    100_3021.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 404
great buy!! buying used is always a great option, so much more economical than buying new...

of course when you lawn is half mowed and the lawnmower dies... you just go to lowes and buy a lawnmower.... for $350... thats no better than the one you got... for $70 :)

Its cute Zap, what you cutting?

smokinjay said:

We have some hills we mow (I use the Simplicity, the wife likes the push mower) we have a push mower (snapper, just bought last year) but the price on this was good plus in great shape also we have some areas back in the woods we want to mow once I get some dead fall out of there.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

We have some hills we mow (I use the Simplicity, the wife likes the push mower) we have a push mower (snapper, just bought last year) but the price on this was good plus in great shape also we have some areas back in the woods we want to mow once I get some dead fall out of there.

Zap

J/k people been after me for years to get a push and weed eater. I just grab my back-pack sprayer and round-up. Old habits working for cemical company.

I have an old Snapper like that, bought new in 1984. I have run it hard, it was my only mower for years, then it got used to mow overgrown areas and such, now gets used for trimming occasionally. It is the closest thing to bulletproof I have owned. I have changed the oil once in a while, and it still has the original spark plug, belts, and tires. The electric start battery died many years ago, but it starts so easily I don't care. The wife wanted the electric start, $100 waste since she never used it. It's a well built machine. The only trouble I had was with the float needle seat. It would drop down and shut off the fuel to the carb at times. It took a while to find it, but was easily fixed. The variable drive looks like a weak spot, but I've had no trouble with it. You've got a good machine there! $70 was a steal!

I just bit the bullet and bought a electric push mower, it's a homelite and i must say it works very nice!!, Very little bogging down It is 20" rear bagger/side discharge or mulch. what ever you prefer.. The cord was a challenge but not any longer you learn fast. I bought it to just mow around the house and the tight spots and it is quiet, no gas, no plug.no oil,no smell. I am not dissapointed.... 179.00

Electric sure has its advantages. I have an electric chain saw, given to me as a fixer-upper. It works well for what I need, but the cord is a problem when I'm 200' from the house. That's when I fire up the Stihl. Gas engines have their advantages, too! :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.