New user Question (first of many probably!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rewinder

Jul 11, 2008
So NH
Hellow, I'm new to this forum and pellet burning too!

I have a question for any Quad-Castile owners out there. I have one coming this summer, and have been reading the manual online. Wanted to know if I can run the stove without a thermostat attached, just using the high/med/low firing rate switch. The room I plan to put the stove in is adjacent to the main living area, and I plan to run a fan to push the heat out to the main house. I used to have a coal stove in the same place years ago and it worked well (before I installed oil FHW) BTW, I plan to use the pellet stove to supplement the oil heat, may install another next year.

Does this make sense, or would I be better off using the thremostat??

thanks in advance!

My installer recommended not to use a thermostat.He said it will wear out the igniter.My insert will accept a thermostat but i'm gonna run without one to start out.

I don't see why not. You can jumper the thermostat connections or just set the thermostat to maximum. Then just select heat range.
I have been thinking that over myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.