New VC dutchwest owner and love it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a med non-cat, cast iron. This isn't our first go round with a wood stove. In our old house we had an old cast iron country comfort wood stove that ran like a champ.

Forgot to say the house plan is pretty open, new house approx 5 years old so it keeping the heat in nice. Our installation was a straight through the roof cathedral ceiling type.

glad to see a positive revue of the DW non cat. I couldnt be happier with mine, sometimes I think it out preforms my Jotul F500.

I'm going to also cast a vote for my DutchWest 2479 (medium non-cat). I bought it this summer when the local stove shop had them on sale (this model has the plastic handle door opener that sits in a little holder next to the side door of the stove). I just recently fired it up. This site has been very helpful, especially tradergordos videos. She's got to get pretty hot before you get the right everburn but I think I've got the knack of it now.

We're having warmer weather here today, so I let the stove go out yesterday. I put two splits on in the morning and cranked the air all the way back. When I came home from work 10 hours later there were still glowing coals in the stove and the cast iron was throwing off heat. I expect to keep the oil man at bay this winter.

I still wait patiently for a good deal on a Dutchwest small or medium catalytic model. Still haven't found the one for me, but glad to hear yours is working so well!

jmichigan said:
Another happy customer of dutchwest VC! Love this site :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying your stove.. I have an oldie that still purrs..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.