new ventwork

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi all.had a busy weekend here as you can see.i started from scratch an stripped out all the old venting cause i guess my EVL was off the charts at 25. i have a 45 directly off stove,3ft horizontal thru wall which brings me off the house an additional 8 inches which gave me the clearance to get by the soffit.from T i have a 9ft vertical run and cap.which cap is better ,this one or the old one .it,s amazing what i've learned in the past week from this thread,from cleaning,venting,problems with motors and the shop vac trick.nice to know you guys are always availabe. your wealth of knowledge is greatly appreciated by me and i'msure countless others who are relatively new to this pellet stove stuff.i'ts a far cry from the turf bogs i was used to.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 191
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 182
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 173
Corkman, that's a MUCH better set-up...the EVL is down around 16 now. BUT, the cap is the wrong one for a vertical install.....if the wind blows toward it, it will act like a scoop on a dragster and ram the air back down....NOT GOOD! That one is for a horizontal install.

Put the round one you had before back on....that's a vertical pipe cap.

But the big question is, how does the stove run now?

wont have new one for about a week.the pics show my old stove. thanks for the input on the cap.had a feeling the other one was better.can't wait to be up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.