1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Vigas 40 on craigslist??

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by JimmyJames, Mar 25, 2013.

1. You can make a boiler system as expensive and as complicated as you want. But more or less all the boilers are two steel boxes stacked on top of each other with a ceramic nozzle in between and a fan to blow some air.

When I see some of the numbers people pay to put in an insert or woodstove (5k+) boilers seem like a good investment. And you get even heat throughout the house.

Every industry is going to have its share of shysters, hucksters and upheaval. That's the free market. The gassification boiler market is not immune.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. henfruit

henfruit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Hampshire-Maine border
    To be a realtor you need a license.To sell used cars not sure.I would say the CL poster is more like a broker.
  3. Fred61

Fred61 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeastern Vt.
    My statement was a response to your statement that appeared to be your final decision. I didn't realize you wanted someone to talk you out of it.
  4. JimmyJames

JimmyJames New Member

Loc:
    PA
    Thanks for all the info guys. A boiler is a very large purchase and saving a 20% on the initial cost is soon lost when you realize you have no warrranty or dealer support.
  5. Foragefarmer

Foragefarmer Member

Loc:
    Central, Virginia

Fossil is mature in my book. Heat pumps are mature in my book. I can purchase a system and basically not worry that that system will no longer be supported because the importer went belly up for one reason or another. When I was talking mature I was talking about supply chain and so forth not technology.
    Also I came here to do my due diligence and that told me wait a few more years till the industry works through some things . It is for the very fact that I am risk averse that I said not now. Honestly the industry seems far more mature in Europe to our loss.
    martyinmi likes this.
  6. cityboy172

cityboy172 New Member

Loc:
    NW Indiana
    Pretty sure I stumbled across one of these again.
  7. Mike Fromme

Mike Fromme New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    I've seen the ad a few times on cl too -4950 and they are lambda.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Only if one is a member of the National Association of Realtors.
    woodsmaster likes this.
  9. cityboy172

cityboy172 New Member

Loc:
    NW Indiana
    It would be tempting if I was closer. Adding 900 miles one way and $500 in fuel sways the equation a bit.
    flyingcow likes this.