New VistaFlame VF-55 (Enviro M-55)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eholmes

Sep 24, 2009
Pinckney, Michigan
Well, got the new VistaFlame VF-55 installed yesterday. They had a bit of a wait for the Enviro M-55 but, the VF-55 was available. They are the same stove made in the same factory only difference is the detail / extra window vane on the door of the Enviro. The Enviro actually had a cheasy plastic door handle and the VF-55 comes with the wood one. Mine also came with the brick back as opposed to the plain iron one which is standard.

Stove is very quiet on high - just the steady tinckle of pellets. Stove was pumping out the heat. My little gage was reading around 450f at the blower. We'll see when it gets really cold but, I think it will do the trick to heat my 1 story 1800sf house. I have to say though, I will miss that long trail of white smoke and the smell of a fire when you are outside. I won't miss finding kindling and hoarding newspaper and hauling / chopping wood 24/7. This morning I got up and just pushed the button. I said to the girlfriend "look honey, I made a fire, you can cook breakfast" She did'nt go for that one............

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Pinky the dog likes it........

Picture004.jpg

Nice! And Pinky does look very happy. Got to get pinky a nice comfy bed to go right in front of that stove.

Looks like it has no problems cranking out the heat.

keep us posted on how it performs.

jay

looks like MR.POOCH doesn't want anybody closer to it then him...lol........nice stove!

keep me updated on how it works... we carry vista flame, but most of our customers want a Harman because we sell those too.... I have seen and done yearly cleanings on the VF/Enviro stoves alot around here, and I like how they are put together. I've been on the boss to order a few of these VF-55s. I think they will do the trick at a lesser $ for our customers (mostly been selling P$# and other price point stoves lately) we have had real good luck with the VF-170 units out there, and currently use one to heat our warehouse.

Looks like a nice stove...congrats on the install, and thanks for the pics. The dog is saying "thank you master".

BTW, now you need to get a nice programmable t-Stat for that stove. Then, you don't even have to get up and push a button. Just snap your fingers while your still in bed, and say "Honey, I just turned the stove on" ;-P

summit said:
keep me updated on how it works... we carry vista flame, but most of our customers want a Harman because we sell those too.... I have seen and done yearly cleanings on the VF/Enviro stoves alot around here, and I like how they are put together. I've been on the boss to order a few of these VF-55s. I think they will do the trick at a lesser $ for our customers (mostly been selling P$# and other price point stoves lately) we have had real good luck with the VF-170 units out there, and currently use one to heat our warehouse.

Yep, my dealer sells both. His rep from Enviro used to work at Harman and he calls the MF-55 / VF-55 the "Harmonator". I am very impressed so far. Very little ash. Even on "premium" pellet mode the auger turns every so often just as needed to burn every little bit.....

macman said:
Looks like a nice stove...congrats on the install, and thanks for the pics. The dog is saying "thank you master".

BTW, now you need to get a nice programmable t-Stat for that stove. Then, you don't even have to get up and push a button. Just snap your fingers while your still in bed, and say "Honey, I just turned the stove on" ;-P

Definetly the next step. Actually two dogs and a cat. My 72lb hunting dog is a big chicken and would'nt go near the stove for the picture.......!

Status
Not open for further replies.