New Way to Play With Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug

Nov 15, 2011
northern Michigan
I just realized that I have a new way to play with pellets. Santa brought me a tractor for Christmas. The tractor is lightly used and the previous owner modified the front end loader (FEL) to accept some U-beam forks. Now, I can play with my entire stash, not just pellets or bags. I can move pellets around a ton at a time. Last Fall, the delivery guy just dropped the pallets of pellets inside the door of my barn. They were a pain to move to the back one sack at a time. Not any more. :)

Santa was really good to you, waterbug!!

Enjoy!!

Is it strong enough to lift an entire ton? I got my father ready to jump into the pellet game next year and was thinking about getting a few more people in on having a whole truckload delivered to his place because he has the room and a tractor/loader/backhoe. He could store it all until everyone could pick it up, and has enough space for a tractor trailer to get in.

But, his FEL can't pick up a full pallet. It's only rated for 1000 lbs but people have reported moving 1300 lb loads with it. Picking up a whole ton is out of the question.

I own a Kubota L5030 with a quick tach FEL and I picked up a set of quick tach pallet forks from a excavation company liquidating their assets.

I'm planining on it lifting a full ton.

It could lift 1600# with bucket mount forks and is rated for 2400# lift capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.