New, with some help needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick:

I believe Jotul recommends a normal stove top temp of 400-600 degrees F. I don't check my stove top temp quite so often as I did in my first year, but generally it was (and still is when I check it with the IR gun) around 450-500 degrees F for me on a normal burn . . . although as mentioned with less wood the temp in the stove may be less.)

As for the thermometer placement . . . the manual shows a picture in the back that recommends placing the thermometer on any one of the four corners on the stove top. I experimented a bit and found that in my own particular case it seemed like the consistently hottest corner was the right rear corner . . . others have found the hottest corner to be different.

Perfect, thanks alot - i have my thermometer in the wrong spot. I'll change it, thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.