1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New wood hauler

Post in 'The Gear' started by mudbug250, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mudbug250

mudbug250 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central Mississippi
    Yeah it has the towing package. We have no shortage of trailers, my FIL owns a trucking company. So we have bumper pulls, goosenecks, etc. the one I really want to use is a 16 foot bumper pull flat bed with dove tail end. Tandem axle.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Nice new to you truck. Looks like a better traiiler puller than wood hauler, but robably supper nice inside.

I replaced the rusted out cover on my 00 F250 with this.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.dieselmanor.com/motorcraft/FD-3Z4033A.asp
    No more corrosion issues and looks kinda cool too.
  3. katwillny

katwillny Guest

That line always cracks me up. His father was the best.
  4. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Keep the f350 ,my son is on his third gas guzzling under powered un repairable 94 toyota 3 liter v6 not a fan. My ford 7.3 has 311,000 on it a friend uses his for a pilot car has 780,000 on his original engine.
  5. Halligan

Halligan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    Come on guys, I love pictures of truck and saws so let's see some more woodhaulers.
  6. Sean McGillicuddy

Sean McGillicuddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Easton mass.
    I'm using these!;)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Them we need mass quantities of!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
  7. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Yeah, that is how it goes with almost everything. The first scratch on my truck was a kitchen counter top being dropped on the edge of the bed from the second story sliding glass door. We were actually trying to lower it down to the bed from the deck, but as my dad raised it over the railing the counter split in half. I jumped out of the bed and it hit the rear corner just above the taillight. I know where every dent and scratch on my truck came from and there is a good story for each one. Don't like to get them, but they add character. Now, when you have too many to remember where they came from, that is one heck of an old truck that has paid for itself.
  8. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Don't go throwing any firewood in the bed from a distance.
    Eventually you'll miss.. oops.
  9. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Nice truck Mudbug. Like the color. I think the Tacoma is the best looking smaller truck on the market. I like the looks of the long bed vs the short. A little more room in there as well. I am thinking of coming up with some sort of bed extender for my CrewMax. I need to look around and see if someone makes them for it.
  10. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    That's a nice looking truck. I bought an older more used truck and still feel bad about the dents I've put in it from firewood. You'll just have to be a little more careful, that's all.

I think they make Timbrens for those things nowadays. I highly recommend them as a reasonably priced way to make sure your truck rides the way you want it to when it's loaded/towing (but not beyond) the factory max specifications.
  11. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    What can that Tacoma two weight wise? Seems like a huge trailer there for a Tacoma, but I could be wrong. Don't know very much about Toyota products.