New wood hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it has the towing package. We have no shortage of trailers, my FIL owns a trucking company. So we have bumper pulls, goosenecks, etc. the one I really want to use is a 16 foot bumper pull flat bed with dove tail end. Tandem axle.

Nice new to you truck. Looks like a better traiiler puller than wood hauler, but robably supper nice inside.

My 99 f-350 is on its second differential cover. Gonna need a third sooner or later.

I replaced the rusted out cover on my 00 F250 with this.
FD-3Z4033A-sm190.jpg

http://www.dieselmanor.com/motorcraft/FD-3Z4033A.asp
No more corrosion issues and looks kinda cool too.

^^
Wouldnt you love to meet the engineer that came up with that design?
My 99 f-350 is on its second differential cover. Gonna need a third sooner or later.

That is sharp looking Toyota. Been thinking about going back to one myself. But I plan to run my truck into the ground first. Its so rusted underneath that I think I should derate it to a 1/2 ton.
Keep the f350 ,my son is on his third gas guzzling under powered un repairable 94 toyota 3 liter v6 not a fan. My ford 7.3 has 311,000 on it a friend uses his for a pilot car has 780,000 on his original engine.

Come on guys, I love pictures of truck and saws so let's see some more woodhaulers.

I'm using these!;)
stock-vector-biceps-man-s-arm-muscles-arm-showing-muscles-and-power-99866027.jpg
162200024051340816_szwWTBgj_c.jpg
pACE3-12342344t181.jpg
1006400_set
Them we need mass quantities of!!!

92898846-260x260-0-0_Walgreens+Walgreens+Ibuprofen+200+Tablets+USP+Tabl.jpg
beer.jpg

Congrats, beautiful lookin' truck there. The first scratch or dent will be the toughest to take. Enjoy it.

Yeah, that is how it goes with almost everything. The first scratch on my truck was a kitchen counter top being dropped on the edge of the bed from the second story sliding glass door. We were actually trying to lower it down to the bed from the deck, but as my dad raised it over the railing the counter split in half. I jumped out of the bed and it hit the rear corner just above the taillight. I know where every dent and scratch on my truck came from and there is a good story for each one. Don't like to get them, but they add character. Now, when you have too many to remember where they came from, that is one heck of an old truck that has paid for itself.

Don't go throwing any firewood in the bed from a distance.
Eventually you'll miss.. oops.

Nice truck Mudbug. Like the color. I think the Tacoma is the best looking smaller truck on the market. I like the looks of the long bed vs the short. A little more room in there as well. I am thinking of coming up with some sort of bed extender for my CrewMax. I need to look around and see if someone makes them for it.

That's a nice looking truck. I bought an older more used truck and still feel bad about the dents I've put in it from firewood. You'll just have to be a little more careful, that's all.

I think they make Timbrens for those things nowadays. I highly recommend them as a reasonably priced way to make sure your truck rides the way you want it to when it's loaded/towing (but not beyond) the factory max specifications.

Yeah it has the towing package. We have no shortage of trailers, my FIL owns a trucking company. So we have bumper pulls, goosenecks, etc. the one I really want to use is a 16 foot bumper pull flat bed with dove tail end. Tandem axle.

What can that Tacoma two weight wise? Seems like a huge trailer there for a Tacoma, but I could be wrong. Don't know very much about Toyota products.

Status
Not open for further replies.